Monday, March 29, 2010

Phenomenal Women!!



These pictures were taken at the 10th National Black Writer's Conference at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn last night.





Yup! That's me with Susan Taylor, Sonia Sanchez, and the one and only Toni Morrison.

You have to understand. I grew up reading Susan Taylor's "In The Spirit" column in Essence, Sonia's powerful poems (Hurt? You talking about a little hurt? Man. Ain't no man like a black man. He puts it where it is and turns you inside out.) and Toni Morrison's deep, lyrical, magical books (my favorite is Tar Baby). I have been fortified and inspired by these women for so long and... to actually be in their presence...there are no words...I am speechless...


2 comments:

Tammy said...

You re in good company as you should be. You're a great writer kerika hope they inspired you to keep writing.

lanelle said...

Inspiring. Write On sis