Just weeks after a wonderful accomplishment---winning the Oscar for Best Actress---one of my favorite actresses, Sandra Bullock, has left her husband, hunky Jesse James. They always did kinda look like an odd couple but I figured opposites attract but, well, I guess not. I feel bad for her, I really do. But I have a feeling Spunky Sandra is going to be just fine. After all, she isn't the first woman to have her man cheat on her with a skank and she, unfortunately, won't be the last. Plus, Sandra's no dummy---did anyone notice that she did not thank her husband AT ALL during her long rambling Oscar acceptance speech? Well, I did! Still, I didn't see this coming.
Yesterday, a tattoo model nicknamed Bombshell revealed she had been having an affair with Bullock’s husband while filming The Blind Side.
Just a day earlier, last year’s winner Kate Winslet (for The Reader) announced that she and director husband Sam Mendes have split.
Bullock and Winslet now join the ranks of Oscar-winning actresses whose love lives have gone south after bringing home the big prize:
- Reese Witherspoon won 2005 for Walk the Line while married to actor Ryan Phillippe. They separated in 2006.
- Halle Berry won in 2001 for Monster’s Ball while married to musician Eric Benét. They separated in 2003
- Hilary Swank escaped the curse after her 1999 win for Boys Don’t Cry, but it caught up with her after Million Dollar Baby (2004) while married to Chad Lowe. They split up in 2005
- Helen Hunt won in 1997 for As Good as It Gets, bringing with her long-time love Hank Azaria (whom you know as Moe, Apu, Dr. Nick, Comic Book Guy and others) They married in 1999 and divorced in 2000
- Charlize Theron won in 2003 for Monster while dating actor Stuart Townsend. Despite their long-term relationship, Theron said she had no plans to marry him. But they parted ways last month, but she’s apparently already moved on to Hurt Locker star Jeremy Renner
Helen Mirren (who won for The Queen in 2006) seems to have escaped this curse - she’s been married to director Taylor Hackford since 1985.