Monday, October 5, 2009

Essence Atkins Meets Her Match (on Match. Com!)


You may remember her from the hit sitcom "Half and Half". I remember her as a cute little girl in Brooklyn with loooong hair who attended my mother's pre-school, The Robert Conner Memorial Family School, when I was a kid.

Nevertheless, now she is know as one of many women wh0 have found love (and marriage) on Match.com. Essence isn't the first woman to meet and marry via the popular website. But she is one of a few famous ones, which is why everyone is all a-gag over the fact that she actually went online to find love (after all she is a beautiful actress) and actually found it with financial executive Jamie Mendez . He's a cutie, too.




Essence Atkins has given a face (and a ray of hope!) to the countless women and men who use the web to find true love. Personally I have dated on Match.com but most of the guys I met were, well, weird. And while dating via Match.com was fun (Summer '08 was a busy one for Ms. Kerika!) I find that I prefer my encounters with men to be authentic. But hey, to each her own. I hope this match works out for Essence and anybody else who is looking for love online. Sometimes you have to take your love life (or lack thereof!) into your own hands.
Still only time will tell if this hook up has what it takes to survive the long haul but I do wish Essence Atkins the best of luck with this one!

No comments: