Tuesday, July 8, 2008

High School Reunion

O.K. So I decided to check out a matchmaking website. I think it's time to meet some new people. And after my homegirl D. met a great guy online and is now engaged, I say it's worth a shot. But I'm not sure I want to sign up yet or anything-- I really am crazy busy and am not 100% ready to pursue a serious relationship. But these websites are supposed to be for dating and companionship, too, right?

So I went ahead and went on, put in my specifications, hit the button, and the first person that popped up was a guy I had a crush on in High School!!! He has salt and pepper grey hair now (and it looks good) but I recognized his smile and face immediately. I couldn't help but say to myself "What the..." I want to meet new people, not some old High School crush.

Admittedly, I smiled, even laughed at the coincidence or whatever you want to call it. I mean after all these years I guess I still like the same type of guys. Not so sure that is a good thing. Then again I can look at it is as a second chance to possibly hook up with a guy I always found interesting (even though I was too shy--yes, I was shy in High School (sometimes)--to ever approach him or make my presence known but he never did approach me either). He went to a totally different school anyway and I would only see him at sports events when I was on the cheerleading team. I would watch him from afar--he was cute and smart and different and it's obvious I still like him after all these years (don't you dare ask how many). But I didn't wink at him. I was just looking. Besides, just because I wink at him doesn't mean he will wink back at me although I honestly doubt he will remember me at all anyway. Uggh!!! I feel like I'm in High School all over again! Then again I have grown into a wonderful woman, and he would be really missing out (again). Maybe I should go ahead and give him an opportunity to meet the grown up me. Or maybe this is a chance for me to get to know someone that I never had the chance to connect with before. Or maybe I need to get out and stay out of the past already!!!

Obviously, I need help with this.

So what do you think?

Should I sign up and wink at the guy from High School or not? I need your opinion--now!

(See poll to the left and feel free to comment).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it! It is a new relationship because you are no longer that shy girl in high school and he is no longer that far away crush. Wink at him and meet your new crush.

Anonymous said...

The beauty of online dating is that you can wink at whoever you want to and to as MANY as you want to! Girl...you betta go ahead and wink at that man. You don't want to say "I should have..." What do you have to lose if you you do wink at him? Exactly......nothing! Just do it! And make the online dating experience FUN! Love ya much! D