Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Quotes for You on Valentine's Day!



"Well if you don't have a Valentine?...Please! It's not worth jumping."
-Wendy Williams

I usually try to quote people who are a bit more prolific than talk show host Wendy Williams. But in this case I could not resist. Her simple, matter of fact statement about Valentine's Day resonated with me because I know a lot of women who are so sad and suffering today because they are single. And you know what? You have a right to be a bit mellow. It would be great to have a romantic dinner and some slow lovemaking for dessert. But if you are single that's probably not going to happen. Still, as Wendy states, don't jump. Translation: It's not worth killing yourself over.

Just find a way to enjoy the day in your own special way!



Happy Valentine's Day. I love you all. Please accept my gift to you, these words of wisdom from people other than Wendy Williams. Enjoy!





You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Buddha (563 - 483 BC)



It's not your job to like me - it's mine.

Byron Katie



Self-love is the foundation of our loving practice. Without it our other efforts to love fail. Giving ourselves love we provide our inner being with the opportunity to have the unconditional love we may have always longed to receive from someone else.

-bell hooks



Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.


-Lucille Ball



If we really love ourselves, everything in our life works.

-Louise L. Hay



Practice being at home with yourself, as you step out to be with others.

-Marcia Wieder


I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.

-Maya Angelou



I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

-Maya Angelou



Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.

-Wayne Dyer


Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.

Wayne Dyer



God didn't make a mistake when He made you. You need to see yourself as God sees you.

-Joel Osteen



Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.

-Oprah Winfrey


I am so hip even my errors are correct.

Nikki Giovanni






2 comments:

keisaL said...

I love these, especially the one by Maya Angelou. Lucille ball, too.

Anonymous said...

Great quotes. Thanks for posting.