Monday, December 29, 2008

It's Official!

Ok. As of today I am officially a published author. My debut books is available in bookstores and online nationwide. And yes I am very proud and excited. Not only because I am finally seeing one of my many dreams realized, but also because I now have the opportunity to help women deal with their heartbreak. Which, I know is never easy and very lonely. But this book is proof to anyone who has ever had their heart broken that no, you are not alone. I have been there and most women have, too. And its painful and scary and depressing but when it's all said and done there's nothing left to do but--yup, yup--do you, boo!

After my last breakup I was so hurt I couldn't even dwell on it. So I went back to school and wrote a book and a screenplay. Talk about keeping busy!

Seriously, though. this book was birthed from painful experiences. Those painful experiences being bad breakups, verbal abuse, infidelity and abandonment. In the end I learned that I had to learn to be happy with me, my life and my accomplishments. So of all the books I will write (because I hope you all know this will be the first of many. I'm pretty sure I have a great American novel in me somewhere) this is the most special. Not just because it's my first but because it forced me to grow and change and look at myself and my choices.

I hope it does the same for you, too.

No comments: