Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!!

Today is the first day of spring. Yeeeahh! I'm looking forward to the warmer weather and sunnier days. One thing I learned from my recent trip to Arizona and Mexico--the weather does affect my moods. When I was away--in the sun--I was optimistic, happy, and even had some new insights into my poor old relationship. I had a moment of clarity (while sipping a Pina Colada) about it and was actually thankful to the man for moving on. I mean really, if you don't think you can handle it anymoe, leave me alone please. Don't stay around and treat me like crap. Keep it moving! But the moment I got back to the city--it was cloudy and grey and raining--I was all sad and feeling all lonely. WTF?!!!Thankflly I didn't fall apat and realized it was the weather. But now seasons are changing, spring has sprung and sunny days are on the horizon. I must be in a good mood because I'm not even obsessing about losing weight for the summer. I mean I just got back from laying in the sun in a tankini and I'll admit I have some giggly parts and bulging areas. But you know what? So what! I felt great so I looked great. Not to say that I don't want to get my body together once and for all, just to say I'm not going to let and extra twenty (or thirty!!) pounds limit my life. Imagine if I would have said I'm not going to Mexico because I need to lose weight? I would have missed out on some serious sunshine. What if I would have said oh I'm not taking any pictures for my book because I need to lose weight? I would not have been in Eric Von Lockardt's studio on Tuesday taking wonderful pictures. I actually enjoyed the shoot, even though I had to such my stomach in!! Hey, it's me. This is what I'm working with. I need to change, I need to get healthier, I need to lose weight, but I also need to love myself exactly the way I am. So that's my challenge to you, my readers. Let's enjoy the warm weather and love ourselves no matter what--fat, skinny, broke or banking! Because if we don't, who will?

No comments: